A visit to Cologne has many facets. The Rhine, the historic Old Town, and Cologne Cathedral are only prominent examples of the many possibilities the city has to offer.
We have organized special guided tours for all participants of the conference and their spouses as technical visits on the last day of the conference. More information will follow!
The meeting point is always in the foyer of the Maritim Hotel at 09:30 a.m.
You can register for the technical visits by clicking on the ‘Registration‘ button.
Cologne has much more to offer of course. From the Maritim Hotel, one can comfortably take advantage of numerous attractive tourism offers, for example:
- Shopping along the best shopping streets such as Hohe Straße, Schildergasse, Ehrenstraße, Pfeilstraße and Apostelnstraße
- Visit of museums such as the Museum Ludwig, the Chocolate Museum, the Carnival Museum, the Museum of Applied Arts, the Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum, the Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, the Scent Museum, the Arthotek, the Chocolate Museum, Kolumba, the NS Documentation Centre and the Cologne City Museum
- Sightseeing of Cologne Cathedral, Romanesque churches, the old town, the historic town hall and the Miqua excavation site, the Rheinauhafen, the Hohenzollern bridge with thousands of love padlocks and the Rheinpark with the new Rheinboulevard on the right side of the Rhine in the district of Deutz
- Activities such as a boat tour on the Rhine, a city tour by bus, rickshaw or tourist train, and a tour with rental bikes through the city or along the Rhine
- Guided tours of breweries, underground Cologne, Cologne Cathedral, medieval Cologne and the most famous Cologne Melaten Cemetery
Further information is available at www.koelntourismus.de
(Office directly at the cathedral).